Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Another Christmas Card

So cold it’s ridiculous. I hate this kind of weather. Neither one of us had any inclination to leave the house today so we didn’t. I spent the afternoon quilting.

Today’s card is another one stamped with the same card as yesterday’s card but looks totally different.

 
This time I stamped it with Stazon brown ink. I used a wet paint brush and various ink pads – Stampin’ Up Chocolate Chip and Almost Hunter Green and Distress Ink, Pine Needles and Tumbled Glass and I’m not sure what else to do the colouring. It was not stamped on water colour paper so I could not do much blending with water or it would have buckled and warped so quick strokes only. The sentiment is from HOTP and so is the small Christmas tree brad. The green glitter ribbon was from the dollar store. The outside of the card was inked with the Almost Hunter green ink and then it was glued to the grey card base. I decided I wanted the berries to have some bling so I added red Stickles to them. I’m now thinking this stamp might look nice behind the Memory Box window die as well. I’ll have try that and see if it works.

That’s all for a very cold Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. OOOooo i think it would look nice behind the window die too!! But this is lovely too Violet! Boy you got a good start on Christmas cards already!!!! My Christmas card list gets smaller every year...and now that hubby is not working i don't have to send any to his employees the list got even smaller... Maybe i can actually make my Christmas cards ...one year... lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...