Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Quilts and more Quilts


The barometric pressure is falling fast today and we are under a severe rainfall, thunderstorm and possible flooding watch. Well at least we don’t have to shovel rain. We are up pretty high and away from the river far enough not to worry about flooding but I do worry for others who are not. Hopefully it will not happen.

Instead of a card today I’m posting two quilts and a pillow sham that I made for a fund raiser for our local animal shelter. My friend made one as well and my oldest daughter wanted to buy them so we let her. $170 for a very good cause was raised. Here are the quilts I made. These were both scrap quilts with material donated by other members of the quilt guild. It’s a challenge to put together a quilt with bits and pieces but we did it.
 
Click on any picture to enlarge it.

 
This quilt is just blocks of various cats –some realistic, some cartoonish, some large, some small – didn’t matter, if they were cats, the fabric was cut into squares and put in the quilt. We found some brown squares and cut them the same size and made a quick quilt. The border also has cats on it.

 

This quilt was another one of donated fabric with various dog prints or bone prints, again from various people. This time a black border was added to each block and the blocks were laid out with one vertical and one horizontal and in diagonal rows – as best I could. I like this one the best.

And this is what a quilter does when given one larger panel of a cat – make a pillow cover! A cat lover will love it and it may end up with my grandson who loves cats.

My friend had it easy as she received a bundle of related fabric and she made this very colourful quilt.

 


That’s all for a cool and damp Tuesday. I'll be back tomorrow with a card.

 Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. I love all the quilts! Its amazing though how much the black really brings things together and makes things pop. Don't float away!! Spring has left and we are back to colder temps... thats okay it is February! :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...