Thursday, March 24, 2016

Two More Cards

The cable company is coming today to hook up the sister’s TV, Internet and phone and they call about half-an-hour before they come to make sure someone is home. However, in this case, she has no phone so guess who is on stand-by to take the call???.... and then go to the apartment to make sure she is there and has not forgotten about them. While I’m waiting I thought I may as well post some cards.

Two more Easter cards to post.  Once again though, if you need a card in a hurry any of these would work and just change the sentiment. Sometimes less is more.
 
 

I really love this colour of paper! Such a pretty green. Anyway, for this one I once again taped two pieces of paper together and trimmed it to fit the card base. As I was looking through the stash I found this matching fancy square already cut out......lucky find! Stamped the sentiment and glued it on. These were quick cards to make but I like them. I don’t always have time to make the cards that require an hour of colouring of each image. Besides, the ladies in the nursing home are just happy to have a card, homemade or not.

Here’s another Easter card.


This card got changed a few times while being made. I started out just taping two pieces of paper together. The bottom piece was already lightly embossed but it just needed something else so I ran the taped pieces through the embossing folder and that looked nice but……there is so often a but……the top embossed part did not show at all so I ran a green ink pad over the top, just catching some of the embossing. Well then I noticed that the one little piece on the bottom did not like being double embossed and some of the white core was showing. Easy fix – I just grabbed my sanding block (suppose to be for fingernails but it works great as a craft tool) and sanded the embossed bits – but just here and there. I really liked it so much better so I’m glad that boo-boo made me do this.

The ribbon is hand-died piece of seam binding. I die an entire package at a time and just put them in the ribbon stash. It still needed something else so glued that strip along the left side after the ribbon was on. The bow was tied with my home-made bow maker. That fancy label was also in the stash (why it was in with the green paper is a mystery though) so I stamped the sentiment on it and added it with a piece of dimensional tape. I coloured some of the flowers with a bit of yellow just for a change.

That’s all for cold, windy Thursday. We had a lot of rain fall last night and now they are predicting a thunderstorm and more rain for this afternoon. We are getting off lucky though as some areas just east of us are having freezing rain and power outages.  

Cheers

Violet













 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...