Monday, July 18, 2016

A Gear Card


We certainly had an interesting weekend. Friday night they were predicting thunderstorms and my brain disorders believed them and attacked me during the night. Man, I hate it when I get attacks at night and the pain wakes me up – I need my full 8 hours of beauty sleep people….okay, maybe too late for beauty sleep but I need my 8 hours. It never did rain but it looked like rain all Saturday morning so we opted to wait until after lunch before deciding if we should head out to the park for our bike ride….yes, even under the Trigeminal Neuralgia attacks I try to stay as active as I can….keeps my mind off the pain too. It cleared up and we did get a bike ride in and Joe bought us veggie burgers for supper from the park store so I wouldn’t have to cook. It was a nicer day than I thought it would be.



Sunday morning – it was a beautiful day with a light breeze blowing so we decided to go for a BBQ. This is where it gets interesting. I’m preparing the meal – of course – and Joe’s carrying various things out to the car. He’s back and forth so he doesn’t close the door tightly. The strawberry container is empty so I go to put it in the front closet where we keep them until we go back to the fruit stand. The closet is to the right of the front door. I forget he’s even outside. I bend way over to reach the back of the closet and he pushes open the door. Oh oh. The door hits my butt and propels me head first into the closet; face down in the sneakers….yuck! I’m struggling to get up when he comes in, unaware of what just happened, and innocently asks, “What are you doing?” This actually struck me funny but I don’t laugh. I finally emerge and tell him what happened and, God bless him, he’s trying hard not to laugh or snicker unaware that I’m trying to hold it back too but I finally start laughing and then he lets loose too. So much better to laugh at these upsets than getting mad. Thank goodness he doesn’t take photographs!



Today’s card is one I made as a possible one for my grandson but I decided it didn’t suit him.

 


I love this die! First I took the dark green and ran it through the Sizzix gears embossing folder; then taped it to the light green; and then ran it all through the die to die cut the happy birthday. The edges were inked in green. The gears are a Sizzix die which I die cut out of cereal boxes and then painted them to look rusty. I like the card but not for a 17 year old….at least not ours.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.


If you missed the last post, please go back and read it. Perhaps you have a card or postcard for this young boy?


That’s all for a hot and humid Monday, July 18, 2016.



Cheers

Violet






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...