Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Masculine Dog Card


The humidity has returned – groan. They are predicting thunderstorms for the next 4 days and I hope they don’t miss us this time. We need the rain badly.



This is yet another card made with my new Tim Holtz Crazy Dog stamp set. I bought the Crazy Cat one too so they will be posted next.

 


Love this dog! This time I decided to do a scenic background. No particular reason why, I just like to try new things. The grass and weeds were from a stamp set I picked up at the thrift store but only because it was in with the things that I wanted. Turned out I needed this stamp set too. The dog was coloured with water colour crayons and blended with water, as was the sky and grass. To make the teeth seem whiter I went over them with a white-out pen - the kind you use to correct mistakes....they work great for this. The sentiments were stamped and then I scribbled around the one I wanted to hi-lite. When hubby saw this card he kept looking and looking at it and finally asked, "Did you spell Celebrate wrong?" I laughed and said, "No, because it's a stamp. I didn't write it". The 'b' was throwing him off.The background paper is from the stash and a thin black and white ribbon is over the seam. This is likely for a masculine birthday whereas the others are pretty much universal.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.



That’s all for a hot and humid Wednesday by a wilting Violet!



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. Wilting Violet.. Ha! :) Love what your doing with this stamp set. Can't wait to see the cats...We got a little rain today but like you we need the rain... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...