Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Quick and Easy Card


It’s almost 11:00 pm so this is going to be a quick post. Neither one of us slept well last night.......just one of those nights...... so Joe decided this morning that we should go to the lake for a bike ride….are you kidding me??? Didn’t you hear me say I’m tired??? Yes, and the best thing to do if you are tired is exercise…..groan…..okay so we went and 27.5 km later I did feel better mentally….physically, still tired…..but he was right, we had a great day and he even bought us lunch so I didn’t have to cook.



In the spring I signed up for a fun night of card making in June at our local Stampin’ Up dealer’s house, The Pampered Stamper – and then promptly forgot to go!!! Unbelievable! I paid for it and forgot about it but she was nice enough to drop off all the bits to make the cards – all stamped and cut out – bonus. It turns out I can really crank out cards fast when someone does all the prep work. I have no idea what they looked at in the class – she did offer to give me private lessons but I declined and decided to just do my own thing with them….here’s one that I finished very quickly.

 



The card base was yellow and in the package was this die cut fancy flower scroll – love it! It was already stamped with the sentiment too. The blue strip was double-sided so I just picked the side that I liked the best and glued it down. The Stampin’ Up glue with the tiny nozzle works best for gluing down these intricate die cuts. Then there was this piece in the package for the inside of the card…..

 


……love this idea with stamping the flowers up right and up side down with the sentiment in the middle. Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.



That’s all for a hot and humid July 5, 2016



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. That is a neat idea of stamping the flowers up right and then upside down... Never thought of that! I hope you sleep well Violet... I've had nights like that.. not very fun...At least you didn't have to get up and go to work the next day right?! lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...