Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Very Pink Card




So very hot and humid today it was hard to catch a breath outside. I feel sorry for those who have to work out in this. We had a bit of rain around 4:30 but it was short-lived so it didn’t do a whole of good….but maybe more is on its way!



Today’s card is one that turned out just as nice as I hoped it would be….made from digging into the stash again. Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.

 




While digging through the pink stash I came upon this pink cardstock that had the circle cut out of it. It was pretty much even on all sides but I did a little correcting to fit on the card base….which was made from a marbled piece of cardstock. The pink check paper was also in the stash so was the background paper. White cardstock was placed behind the die cut circle but blue chalk was rubbed around it to give it some light colour. The white trim was from a MS punch. The butterfly was made with a Memory Box die. The flowers were from the dollar store – K and Company.

The banner was cut with a Little B die and then again in white with the middle part cut down to fit inside. The sentiment was an acrylic stamp so I was able to bend it to fit on the banner.



When I got to this point I thought I was done but as I looked at it longer I decided it needed something else on the pink square…..maybe corner treatment would be nice. So, four corners were die cut with a very old set of Cuttlebug small dies and once they were glued on, I was happy with the card.



That’s all for a hot and humid Wednesday,



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your happy with your card Violet because i think its lovely. A perfect little 'Just a Note ' card. I know because i send quite a few of them. I'm not one to send a snail mail letter without a card . The letter just looks naked..lol Stay cool. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...