Friday, December 23, 2016

A Cardinal Card


It’s definitely going to be a white Christmas here in Chatham. It’s been a few years since we’ve had one. The temperature has been right around the freezing mark so it was a pleasant walk this morning – as long as we were careful not to slip where the sidewalk were not shovelled out.



The one quilt that is being delivered for Christmas got finished and I’m almost done the other three but they will not be delivered until sometime in January so no rush there.



I’m posting another Christmas card today and it meets the requirements for these three challenges:






 


I made this card for my brother-in-law who is a nursing home. He loves birds, especially the Northern Cardinal, so I knew he would like this one – and he did. My sister was so pleased that I sent a card just for him. The cardinal is from a recycled Christmas card. The window die is a Memory Box die and I use it all the time….I think this window was also cut from an old Christmas card and it almost perfectly matches the blue card base. The white background was made with the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. The fancy snowflake swag is also a Memory Box die. The greeting is a silver peel-off.



This Sunday is Christmas so I’m wishing everyone who celebrates it a very happy and safe Christmas. For those of you who do not celebrate Christmas I wish you a happy and safe weekend.



That’s all for a cloudy but not freezing cold Friday, December 23, 2016. I just heard that we can expect snow; rain; and freezing rain overnight and tomorrow - yikes! Drive safely everyone.



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...