Monday, December 26, 2016

A Lost Card Found


Happy Boxing Day everyone! If you were brave enough to head out to the stores for the sales, you are braver than we are! We do not like crowds and there is nothing we need enough to venture into the madhouse of Boxing Day shopping. We did have a white Christmas but just barely. It was so mild the few days leading up to Christmas that the snow was melting quickly – and today it has been raining so goodbye to the remaining snow! Some areas are experiencing freezing rain but so far we have just had rain – but we are under the threat of freezing rain – I’m so ready for spring and warm weather!



A couple weeks ago I dropped the scrapbook layout I made of Joe walking along the beach (see this post - https://craftyviolet.blogspot.ca/search/label/Scrapbook%20Layout) behind the computer desk side unit. Groan. There was no way to get it except remove everything from the unit and pull it away from the wall….ooops, there was a few other things back there too – some of which I had been looking for…..and a few surprises. One of the surprises was this card that I made and lost and now found.

 


As soon as I saw it I remember making it and didn't know it was missing. I just figured one of my friends bought it from me….they give me a $2.00 donation towards the cost of material regardless of the size or design of the card and I don’t charge for my time. (I know most hand-crafted cards cost more but I just like making them so the $2.00 pretty much covers the cost) This is a large 6 inch card. The paper is from a very old paper pack and the image is a retired one from Stamping Bella. I had some bits of the paper pack left over from making other cards so I die cut four squares of designer paper; four of the off-white printed paper; and four wine all about 1/8” larger than the first one; and layered them together and then glued them in a grid onto the off-white with blue printing designer paper. Then the image was stamped and coloured with Prismacolor pencils; die cut with a square; mounted on a larger wine die cut and then onto a scalloped die cut blue square. A gem was added to the middle of the flower and the sentiment was stamped in wine – it looks red here but it’s wine-red in real life. Before gluing it to the middle I wrapped that ribbon around the card and tied a single bow….love it when I find ribbon in the stash the same colour as the designer paper! Small very light green dew drops were then glued to the corners of each square. I like this card enough that I may make another one using this design but from other paper packs.



It is pouring rain here now......which is so much better than snow.....I don't have to shovel rain! That’s all for a very wet Monday, December 26, 2016.

  

Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. Its amazing what you find when you move things huh???? I love it! So great that your friends pay you for your cards... helps keep you in supplies.... i LOVE it!!! Guess what i got for Christmas??? A full set of Prismacolor pencils!!! Can you believe it?! And a bicycle AND a Hobby Lobby gift card... If thats what happens when you say 'no gifts exchange this year!' I might say that every year!!! LOL! I hope Santa was good to you and your family Violet. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...