Monday, January 23, 2017

A Very Purple Card


Another day of rain this morning and just damp and dreary (but mild for January) the rest of the day….to be continued all week with a few snow showers thrown in. Weird winter weather.



Today’s card was made with another free image downloaded from the Internet. I really like these floral images.

 


These were once more coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The background around the flowers was sponged on with blue chalk. All the papers are from my stash and the banners were hand cut. I’m thinking of buying a banner die set though because I really enjoy using them on cards and I think they would work well on scrapbook layouts. The top dark purple piece was die cut and glued on to give the top a neater finish.  Stickles were added to the centre of the flowers. I always have to set the card up high and out of the way when I use Stickles or I’ll end up smearing them across the card.



That’s all for a Monday, January 23, 2017.

Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about letting your stickles dry... I've been using a glittery glue that seems to take forever to dry... can't tell you how many times i've smeared... lol ! How did you know purple is my favorite color?! :)

    We are expected to have a warm 64 F WINDY day today... Those kind of days are always a fire danger day here... I hope everyone behaves themselves... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...