Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Similar but Different Cards


The above seasonal temperatures remained in place today so we decided after lunch to walk downtown to the library. Neither one of us slept well last night so we thought this would energize us – we were so wrong. I’m not sure why we were so physically tired but by the time we got to the library, which is only about a half hour’s walk, we sat for awhile to rest. I sort-of-jokingly suggested we take the bus home but he laughed and said no way to that. I would have taken it today if he had agreed…..that would be a first as I’ve never been on a city bus here in 28 years.



Oh well, we made it home, had a coffee and we both had a short nap – which also didn’t help -  we’re still tired but I have just enough energy to post a couple of cards and then go make some more. No quilting today. Who knows what I could sew wrong being this tired.



These are two more cards that I made for my friend who wanted one for a 2 year old girl’s birthday. I made several so she could have a choice. These two were considered but in the end, rejected. I’m posting both because they are so similar.



The paper came from a 6” birthday paper pack. And I just switched the left over papers from one card to the other so nothing went into the stash-that-refuses-to-go-down. These are the similarities between the two cards. The turtle image was downloaded from the Internet and coloured with coloured pencils and blended with gamsol. The images were die cut with a Stampin’ Up stitched circle and then mounted on a Spellbinder’s die cut yellow circle. Ranger’s Liquid Pearls were dotted on the cupcakes to look like sprinkles.

 


The seam on this card is a strip of green paper that matches. The birthday greeting was embossed in blue but because it’s on yellow cardstock it took on a green appearance…..which was fine so I left it. It was stamped on a piece of yellow cardstock using Stampin’ Up oval stitched die. I like to stamp the sentiments before gluing the label onto the cards in case I mess up. It looked a little blah though so I added some gold peel-off scrolls. This card was mounted on yellow cardstock and then on to the card base.

 


On this card I added a piece of dimensional yellow ribbon along the seam. The birthday sentiment stood out in the yellow paper that I opted not to bother adding another one. Instead I die cut some tags (Hero Arts) and added a button. It was mounted directly onto a cream card base.



More possible birthday cards for a two year to follow on Friday but that’s all for a lovely Wednesday, February 22, 2017.

Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...