Monday, July 31, 2017

A Less is More Card


  

Another beautiful weekend here in Ontario and today as well. It will be nice all week with the chance of thunderstorms thrown in. Oh well, at least they are usually short lived storms.



A faithful reader of the blog, and friend, let me know that I had forgotten to insert the card on the post on July 19th! I have now inserted it so please feel free to scroll down to see it. Curses to these senior moments that creep up when I’m tired or rushed!



I have not been able to visit at the nursing home since the laryngitis began. The church as assigned someone else to visit for now but I wanted my ladies (right now I just have ladies) to know that I’ve been thinking of them and why I haven’t been in to see them. So, I made them each a card. Here’s a sample of the cards they are receiving.





All the cards have water coloured backgrounds so they all turned out a little different. They were mounted on card bases depending on the most prominent colour in the background – mostly pink and purple. The stamp is a very old Inkadinkado stamp but one of my favourites.  The sentiment is from another stamp set – Power Poppy I think. These were quick and simple cards to make but I really like how they turned out. Sometimes less is more as they say.



Here’s a hint for stamping on water colour paper – use a Misti if you have one – I use my hand-made one – or use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig type of tool. This is because it is hard to get a good clear impression with one stamping. I think I stamped the butterflies about three times to get a decent stamping.



That’s all for a lovely…albeit a bit hot and humid….summer day on July 31, 2017. Hard to believe it’s the end of July already. The summer months go by so much faster than the winter months!

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...