Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A Pirate Card


We are experiencing a severe thunderstorm and we are under a tornado watch as I type this. Hopefully the tornado does not fully form and does not cause any damage….and we don’t lose power before this gets posted! We had another thunderstorm come through as we were eating supper and enjoyed listening to a pounding rain as we ate.



As I was looking through my card stash last week I realized I did not have very many cards for young boys or girls. So, I made some! Here is one I made – pirates are always a boy’s favourite.




The pirate was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol; mounted on Kraft cardstock which was die cut with Spellbinder’s rectangle dies; as was the image. I wasn’t sure what to use for a background but then I remembered that I had a pirate themed stamp set that I had never used so I pulled off the small stamps and stamped them randomly on a piece of cream cardstock using Stampin’ Up Crumb Cake ink. Finally a use for that stamp set! The banner was stamped and hand cut out and the edges inked with dark brown ink. The sentiment was stamped with the same brown ink. Then it was all glued to a Kraft card base.



That’s all for a thunderstormy Wednesday, August 2, 2017…..August already!!!!



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






1 comment:

  1. OOOoooooOOOOoo stay safe Violet! We are execting some rain this week and i would not be surprised if it comes thru in storms...
    Thankyou for the wonderful comment on my T party post Violet! I was surprised i didn't get more fears that i might be able to use in my book...lol
    AAaarrrgghhh... LOVE your pirate card! i thinks is perfect for a young boy! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...