Monday, July 10, 2017

Teenage Boy Birthday Card


We had a wonderful weekend and got some much needed exercise as well. Saturday we took the bikes out to Rondeau Provincial Park for another bike ride…. we thought we were going to be rained out a few times but it past by us with only a few drops.  Sunday was wonderful weather and no chance of rain for once so we had a wonderful BBQ with one of my daughters, her hubby and son.  

  

Last week was my oldest Grandson’s birthday. Joven turned 18 and when I went to post his card on the blog I couldn’t find it – that’s because I took the photo of it and didn’t download it! So, I’m posting it today instead. He loves cats so I made sure I made a card with a cat on it.





The cat is from an Halloween Inkadinkado stamp set but I just stamped the cat in brown ink instead of black in and it is no longer a Halloween cat! Once it was dry I sponged on some lighter brown ink to fill in the white areas and added some green for the eyes. It was then cut out and the edges inked with brown – I hate white edges. The cupcake is a very old QuicKutz die. The icing is actually thick sparkly foam and yes, it die cut it just fine.  The cherry was added with a dimensional glue dot. The background is a piece of white cardstock that I used to soak up some ink and maybe water colour paint and it just looked like it belonged on this card. The strip along the bottom was from the stash and it was added so that cat had something to sit on. The sentiment was die cut in black and glued on.



Here is the inside of the card:




  

That’s all for a long Monday – July 10, 2017 – very tired today – and we had yet another thunderstorm this morning. Tomorrow is the only day that rain and thunderstorms are not predicted until at least next Monday – I do hope they are wrong!

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...