Friday, July 7, 2017

Window Cards are one of my Favourite Cards


Well this was a busy day and it ended with yet another thunderstorm! I was working like crazy trying to get a quilt made for my daughter because there was a chance we would get together this weekend but alas, it turns out its not going to happen. She and her hubby and two boys are volunteering at a local Ronald McDonald house on Sunday which is the day we are available and that is more important for sure. We’ll see them another day. My son-in-law’s 16 year old cousin died from cancer a couple of years ago so they do volunteering with his aunt and uncle at several different events for Ronald McDonald Houses (where his aunt and uncle stayed while Brady was at Toronto Sick Kids and Child-Can who are an such a help to the family of children diagnosed with cancer….it is the same organization that our quilt guild makes quilts for so every child diagnosed with cancer at the London Hospital receive a quilt….and so much more. Both wonderful organizations.



So, anyway, it is 10:40 and I just realized I had not posted a card yet. So, now I am. In memory of Brady, here is a sympathy card.




This is another card made with the Memory Box window frame die (clear plastic added behind the windows) and a recycled note card as the focal image. I do like to recycle when I can. The window cards are one of my favourite cards to make. Glitter thread was wrapped around the card top before it was glued to the card base. The sentiment is a gold peel-off.



That’s all for a hot and now wet Friday, July 7, 2017. Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...