Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sympathy Card Finished


It was such a beautiful day here in Ontario that hubby and I decided to take sandwiches and have lunch at the lake and then go to Rondeau for a bike ride – our first of the year. We normally ride 2 or 3 times a week from May 24 to late September but this year, with me not feeling well, and he being a year older, we kept putting it off! We are both tired tonight, but so glad we went.



Today I’m posting a sympathy card….unfortunately we all need these and usually I send out more than one so each member of the grieving family receives one.




I was actually making a different card when I saw this water coloured piece of water colour paper that I had made previously and it got lost in the pile of ‘things to finish later’. I decided to finish it! First I stamped the flower then ran the black and white ribbon across the bottom and the ends hidden behind the panel. I tied the bow and added it. The sentiment is a silver peel-off on a stitched Stampin’ Up oval. It was then mounted on black – and yes, the oval was die cut out of the middle of the black cardstock before I glued the focal image down. This was then glued to a piece of light blue that was die cut with a stitched die from Elizabeth dies. Then it was all glued to a black card base.



That’s all for a lovely summer Wednesday, 2017-07-05

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...