Monday, September 18, 2017

An early start to the day and a card


This morning started out very early for us with the alarm set for 6:30….we do not ever set an alarm unless we have to go somewhere at a certain time. This morning I had to be at the hospital by 8:15 for the biopsy on my thyroid and I hate rushing so I got up early. The procedure was not as bad as I thought it was going to be but of course, things I plan seldom ever run without a problem. I had Joe drop me off at the hospital and told him I’d call him when I’m done….we live 5 minutes drive from the hospital and I hate having people sitting in a room at the hospital waiting for me. When they released me I started to call him from my cell phone and it would not go through. Odd. So I called from the hospital phone and got a busy signal. Odd again. I called numerous times for over 15 minutes and kept getting the busy signal. After five minutes I figured it was a phone problem because Joe hates talking on the phone and would not stay on one at all while waiting for my call but I tried for calling for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes I felt well enough to walk so I walked home – 22 minutes! Sure enough, all the Cogeco digital phone lines in this area were down – the first time in over two years that we have had their service they’ve been down and they decide to do it today! I can’t win! Now the waiting for the results begins. I just hoping the results are benign!  



So, I spent the rest of the day making a couple of cards and doing some scrapbooking. Here is one of the Christmas cards I made last week.

  




The background is actually strips of left over paper taped together at the back. They were from a 6” pack and the cards I made from the paper were 5 ½” so I had these ½” strips left over. Instead of throwing them in the recycle bin or back in the stash, I taped them together; cut them down to fit the card base less ¼”; tied the ribbon around it and added the Spellbinder’s die cut tag with dimensional tape behind it. The sentiment was stamped and I added a snowflake and gem to the side and some left over gold peel-off scrolls under the sentiment. I left the cardstock in the die after die cutting it and then sponged the ink over it which leaves a nice white edge. If you look closely you will see tiny white dots! These were the left over bits from white peel-offs and I added them to look like snow.



What do you do with your left over bits? We card makers are always looking for new ways to use them so feel free to add your suggestions in the comment section.



That’s all for a cloudy but humid Monday, September 18, 2017.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Gosh i use everything i possibly can ... I keep the cardboard backing on things i buy and the clear acetate... surely i can use that somewhere... Very clever using your little bits for snow..

    i will be waiting with you my friend............. Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...