Friday, September 15, 2017

Tulips in September


Wow! Summer is back! It was very hot and humid here today and more weather like it for the following few days! Love it! Of course, there is always something to spoil the nice day and yesterday it was a bee! Hubby got stung on his ear by a yellow jacket; who are very angry and aggressive this time of the year. His ear looked fine last evening but today it is very swollen and red…… and he says it bothered him all night so he had no sleep. Darn bees! We tried to eat lunch on the front porch the other day and the bees drove us inside. They'll be gone soon but by then so will the nice weather. 



Hubby and I both love tulips so when I saw this Power Poppy stamp I had to have it. Here’s the card I made with it.




It was stamped with Archival ink and coloured with pencils; blended with gamsol and then Wink of Stella added – as usual!

The blue is chalk that was sponged on while it was still in the Spellbinder die which leavers a nice white border. The paper and ribbon is from the stash. I couldn’t find my doilies….maybe I used them all…so I die cut a doily but it only does the outside rim so I just used enough of it to peak off to one side. The sentiment was stamped on a Spellbinder’s ribbon die and yellow chalk was sponged on while it was still in the die so a white border is left.



That’s all for a lovely summer day in mid September…. 15/2017.



Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love the punch of orange! Beautiful Violet!! I know what you mean... the wasps around here are starting to look for a place to stay warm in the evenings .. even though we are having a warm up around here too... We had the areas they try to nest in sprayed in the Spring so we'll see if that keeps them away....Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...