Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hybrid Scrapbook Layout Completed


It’s been raining here most of the day and the house got so damp and chilly this afternoon I broke down and turned the furnace on. Yesterday we were out and about in T-shirts.



Last night I sat down and finished the two-page layout using the hybrid method. Here are the finished pages.








Sorry about the hump in the middle. They will lay flat in the album but I didn’t realize the stands were too close together which made both pages bend backwards at the ends until I had everything put away….and I was too lazy to pull everything back out to do a re-take! Also ignore the light glare in the bottom right.  Unfortunately I do not have a designated photo box like some people do….but I think those that do, send their work to magazines and I don’t do that….so this works for me….definitely low tech and casual.



Keep in mind that I am in no way an expert on scrapbooking and have had no lessons….but I read a lot of articles and watched a few videos and try to remember some of the best things to achieve a cohesive look.



I took two pieces of 12x12 papers and cut them in half and then taped them together with the solid piece on the bottom. Two left over pieces of cardstock that looked fine with the colours about ½” wide covers the seams. The title is long so small letters only would work and Tim Holtz ones were perfect for this outdoor setting. They were placed on the same paper as the journal piece. Small leaves and a pine cone were added – I have a die for these, the acorn and the leaves. The leaf were die cut with a Stampin’ Up die and the acorn and pine cone are from a Little B die set. When I don’t feel creative I just sit and die cut and stamp a bunch of leaves and things and then I always have them on hand. The leaf clusters were placed to indicate the good old “invisible triangle” and although this one is not the best triangle shape it’s okay…but an equilateral triangle works better.



I had a small strip of the paper used in the top left over from another project so I added it at the bottom of the pages to ground them. Without that strip the photos look like they are floating.



 Here are the two pages by themselves for a closer look.







I started another two page layout this afternoon using individually printed photos instead of hybrid and it is much slower but I enjoy both ways.



That’s all for a cool and rainy Wednesday, October 11, 2017.



Cheers

Violet






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...