Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Last Halloween Card


This has been such a busy day it’s now 10:44 pm and I’m finally get a chance to post a card. This morning we went for an hour’s walk through the bush and then got groceries. This afternoon I helped my quilting friend sort out some fabric given to her by another guild member who is unfortunately very sick and has given up quilting and after a quick supper it was off to the quilt guild meeting. I got home in time to watch the last period of the hockey game and my Toronto Maple Leafs beat Joe’s favourite team, the Detroit Red Wings….hoot…hoot! One of us is happy; one is pouting a bit.



This is the last Halloween card and it was made for my youngest grandson who is 7. He doesn’t get the real scary things on a card just yet.








This is it closed up and if you notice it looks a little smaller. I was too lazy to look for my instructions for making the Z-card so I looked it up on Pinterest and cut out the base…then I realized that this is not like the cards I made last year….so then I looked for my instructions. This card folds up to fit in the standard 4 ¼ x 5 ½ envelope. The ones I made for the other two grandsons measure 5 ½ square when finished. Oh well, Finn is an only child so he won’t know.



The paper once again is both Tim Holtz and from my stash. The pumpkins and the bat boy were made with a Sizzix die. They started out white and I coloured them with Distress Inks and splattered on black paint.






Here is the card out full. The haunted house is an old QuicKutz die.

  


Here is the side angle shot. He received on Monday and his mom said he loved it!



That’s all for a lovely Wednesday, October 18, 2017.



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...