Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Window Die Card


The cool weather has moved on and the hot and humid came back today. Monday morning it was a chilly 62F in our house but we both refused to turn the furnace on because I knew it would be warmer later in the day – and it was. Yesterday was a very nice day so we did the yard work……pulling out the plants in the fall is not nearly as much fun as planting them in the spring! Today was hot and humid with the threat of a thunderstorm but we both decided not to turn the A/C back on because it is going to be down to about 40F tonight. The odd, odd weather continues.



Today’s card is another sympathy card. I seem to need a lot these unfortunately but mainly because I send them to multiple people in the same family if I know them all.



 




This is another one made with the Memory Box window die. The picture is from an old note card. I found a piece of aqua? turquoise? whatever that colour of cardstock is and decided it picked up the colours in the note card so I used it……. but ran it through an embossing folder to give it some texture. The window was die cut on the cream cardstock….which I believe is the back of an old heavy greeting card….hey, why not!!!...and then I ran some matching ink randomly over it to tie in the background….besides I happen to like the grunge look! Clear plastic from a sticker set package was placed behind the window frame to look like glass. It doesn’t show well in the photo but it does in real life. I picked up a package of those flowers at Michaels one day and the other are some die cuts I had on hand. The sentiment is a peel-off.



That’s all for a hot and humid but going to get cold later tonight Wednesday, October 4, 2017.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






1 comment:

  1. We're in the cursed doldrums.. i call it... Nights don't cool off quite enough to make it comfortable still a little stuffy...day time is humid and a little muggy but not hot enough to turn on the air cond... yep the doldrums... middle of the road temps... I'm ready for cooler weather and if the long range forcast is right i'll get some next week... Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment Violet!!

    Just love that window die of yours and one day i will buy it or one similar... What a great card you made out of recycled material.. my kinda gal!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...