Monday, January 15, 2018

Orange Poppies


Well our wacky winter weather is still happening – the cold air and wind was back on the weekend with drifting snow. Today was snow flurries off and on and still cold but not bitter cold like the weekend. This week will be a mixture of more snow; rain; above freezing; back down to below freezing and more snow. Crazy winter!

While it was a bit warmer last week I took advantage of it and headed down to the lower studio (aka the basement) to make some cards. Here’s one of them.




          This image was another free digital image I found on the Internet. I love poppies – especially orange ones! This time I printed it out on some cream cardstock instead of white and I quite liked how it turned out. The sentiment was stamped afterwards. The image was once again coloured with pencils; blended with gamsol. It was die cut with a Spellbinder’s fancy die. The banner was hand cut. The top banner was die cut with a very old Tim Holtz die. The back ground was plain yellow but when I added the rest it looked to stark so I laid a flower stencil (from the Dollar Tree) over and sponged on orange ink. I liked it better so then I glued every thing down. I always just lay down the elements to make sure I liked them before gluing – thank goodness because I quite often add; change or delete something.

          That’s all for a snowy Monday, January 15, 2018.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...