Friday, February 2, 2018

Fire Permit Needed for Cake Card


Bitter cold today! We braved the cold to go to the arena to walk but only because my sister-in-law needed us to run an errand for her so we figured if we had to go out, we might as well get some exercise too. We need something to push us out the door when it’s cold.

February 2 is Groundhog Day. The groundhogs cannot agree on whether it’s an early spring or not but they never do. I remember as a kid growing up on a farm where, unfortunately, we did have groundhogs in the fields listening to my parents talking about Groundhog Day and I was a little confused. I actually thought people got up early to go sit in their fields to see if the groundhogs would come up. I asked my dad how the groundhogs knew it was February 2.  I didn’t know some cities kept them just for Groundhog Day and even after explaining it to me, I thought it was weird.

          Today’s card is another humourous one from Art Impression. When I bought the Bluebird of Happiness stamp (see yesterday’s post for that hilarious one) I had to buy a few others to make it worthwhile to spend $15.00 on shipping…..that’s my theory and I’m sticking with it.



Love this old couple. They were coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol, as usual. The rectangles are Spellbinder’s dies. The sentiment is computer generated. I didn’t get the sentiment that came with that stamp…darn…and I’m sure not ordering again anytime soon so I had to make up a sentiment. I added yellow Stickles to the candle flames. The background paper is from a 6” paper pad. I coloured two of these images and the other card has a different layout and sentiment. Stay tuned for that one as I'll be posting it another day.

That’s all for a bitter cold and now snowy Friday, February 2, 2018. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and be sure to tell your loved ones you love them. My cousin just lost her 31 year old daughter, who was a mother of three small children, to cancer yesterday. Her husband is going to have his hands full of sad children. We never know when our time here is coming to and end, so make sure you enjoy every single day!

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...