Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Bluebird of Happiness Card


The temperature this winter is jumping around like a Mexican jumping bean…remember them? Anyway, it was bitter cold and snowy on the weekend; today is just around the freezing mark as it will be tomorrow; but then its back to well below freezing and another snow storm for the weekend. It’s no wonder there is so much sickness going around.

Today’s card was made with an Art Impression stamp that I just had to have. Our local scrapbook/stamping store was not able to order it because its actually been discontinued so the only way to get it was to order it on-line from the company – gulp! Ordering on-line from a U.S. company is usually completely out of the question because of the outrageous shipping charges but to my surprise they have a flat $15 shipping charge to Canada….still expensive, but acceptable. Of course, to make it worthwhile I did buy a few extra stamps!!! Here’s the card.




I love this image and the sentiment that goes with it. The bird was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. I stamped it on a piece of 4” x 5.5” cardstock because that was the size of the card blank I had. The background is Distress Inks – Chipped Sapphire; Walnut Stain and Black Soot; then water drops were splashed on to make those lovely little imperfections that look like rain drops. For the tree trunk, I ran a piece of light brown cardstock through the wood grain embossing folder that I had rubbed Walnut Stain Distress ink on first. Then more Walnut Stain was brushed on afterwards. I simply tore the cardstock where I wanted; inked the edges and glued it on.

          I coloured two of these birds and I’ll post the other one another day – it’s on a completely different layout. Stay tuned!

         Today is “Let’s Talk” day in Canada to remind people that depression is a mental illness and not a decision to just be sad. There is a huge difference between being sad and depressed for a short time over a hard situation and being clinically depressed. Be kind to those who are.  We all have our own burdens to carry….please don’t make others worse by telling them to ‘just get over it’!
That’s all for a snow-melting Wednesday, January 31, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...