Friday, May 11, 2018

A Scrapbook Layout


I just posted a separate post of just photos of birds that I have taken in the last two days so if you like bird photos, scroll down.

          Today was cold and wet! It was so cold in our house this morning Joe asked me to turn the furnace on long enough to take the chill out of the house – its still on! We had to wear our winter coats out photographing birds today – for awhile in the rain too. Miserable day for sure.

I thought I’d post a scrapbook layout for a change. I keep forgetting to post these. This is a single page layout.




The background paper had those stripes in it so I just looked for some coordinating paper from the stash to mount the tip photo in and die cut a ticket stub…then the sentiment was glued on the ticket stub. I cut another block of the same pinkish paper to mount the bottom photos on…which also connects the top photos to the bottom ones. The title is a peel-off that was in my stash and it was close enough in colour to fit in.

 Each bottom photos – my grandsons with their mom and father – were mounted on that swirly greenish paper leaving one end longer than the other. Then on the longer part, I added their names, alternating one at the bottom, next one at the top. I used various left over cardstock lettering to add to a little whimsy to the layout….okay, okay, I confess…it was to use up some odds and ends too!

The tag was computer generated. To get the journaling to fit on the tag where I wanted it, I first printed it out on scrap paper and held the tag over top to see if it fit….adjusted as necessary; and then used repositionable glue to adhere the tag over the printing and then ran it through the printer again. It was glued on and then the green brad was attached just for an extra embellishment.

That’s all for a cold and wet Friday, May 11, 2018. I’ll be back on Monday with another posting. Have a wonderful weekend everyone….and if you are a mother, Happy Mother’s Day…and if you are a single father, same to you.



Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...