Wednesday, May 16, 2018

New designed card


Well it was about a perfect weather day you can get today! We headed out to Point Pelee for another day of birding and saw a couple of new migratory birds we had not seen yet. We got there about 11:30; ate our lunch and hit the trails. We walked and walked and walked until about 3:00 when we took the tram up to the tip of the park…this gave us about a 10 minute wait for the tram and a 10 minute ride…; walked around the tip and took the tram back and hiked some more. We finally quit about 5:00 and stopped for a coffee and banana before heading home. I love being out in the woods!

Today’s card was made with a stamped image that has been sitting in my “I’ll finish these some day” pile….I’m now cleaning it out.






Our local scrapbooking store, The Paper Pickle, used to rent out stamps. I won a free rental so I went looking to see which one I wanted to rent. Joe was with me and he decided he liked this one and talked me into getting it. I wasn’t sure what to do with it. I stamped it several times in different colours and different mediums. I have used a few of them but I still had 3 or 4 left over…..and I’m making them into cards!

This one was heat embossed with sparkling blue embossing powder on white cardstock. I simply inked over it with blue Distress Ink; sprinkled on some water; waited a few seconds and blotted it off – that makes those lovely soft white droplets. Then I put it in my Tim H stamp positioner and stamped the sentiment. It was then mounted on a blue card base. I have no idea what manufacturer made this stamp but now I wish I had bought it! Go figure right? If anyone knows who made it, please leave the info in the comment section.

That’s all for a lovely Wednesday, May 16, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. Renting stamps sounds like such a marvelous idea. And this stamp is beautiful. It could be a snowflake if you wanted it to be or not...And you've made a beautiful card Violet. I'am on the cusp of finishing a few projects. So exciting! If i can just get back down in the craftroom!! lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...