Friday, June 8, 2018

Using What I Have...


I had just sat down about 7:30 to post a card when my computer decided it was time to do an update….and it said it would take awhile and they weren’t kidding. It was still updating at 9:00….so that’s why this is such a late posting.

Our hot weather is returning….love it….although it may be bringing some rain but that’s okay we need a good rain.

I’ve been on a “use what you have and don’t buy anymore crafting supplies” lately so I’ve dug into my stamps and dies to make some cards. Here’s one I made the other night using a Memory Box die.



This green is not as bright as this in real life - its more of a moss green. I must find a better place to photograph my cards.

Usually when I use this die, I made two cards alternating the die cut with the negative space but this time I decided to do things differently. I die cut it twice! It was a little fiddly….I won’t lie and say it wasn’t but it wasn’t too too bad and I’ll likely make another one later on. I stamped the sentiment on the top and die cut the ‘celebrate’ using the Sizzix die but wasn’t sure what to put on the bottom circle. This is a masculine card so no flowers or bling so while I was flipping through my stamps I saw the ‘thumbs up’ stamp and thought it would work just fine. My oldest grandson will be turning 19 next month so this one may be for him. I’m not sure yet.

That’s all for a lovely hot Friday, June 8, 2018. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with another posting.

Cheers

Violet



ps: To safe a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the symbol appears and click.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...