Monday, August 13, 2018

A 'Will this Work" Card


Still hot and humid here with the usual ‘chance’ of thunderstorms – most of them miss us.

Today’s card is another ‘I wonder if this will work’ card – and it did.



 I found these bright blue and light blue pieces of cardstock in the blue stash and decided to use them! So, I taped them both together, trimmed them down to about 4 x 5- ¼ and ran them through an embossing folder…..but the seam showed and it bothered me. So, I glued it to a light blue card base and then adhered the peel-off silver lines over the seam and all around the card – much better. I had another piece of the same blue so I die cut it with a stitched oval and glued it to the light blue section. A left over piece of blue was die cut into a label and a silver peel-off sentiment was added to it. It was adhered with dimensional tape. The flowerpot, flower and butterfly are from a K and Co. set of dimensional stickers. I was pleased how well it turned out and I may dig into the stash for other contrasting colours to make some more.

That’s all for a hot and humid Monday, August 13, 2018.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






2 comments:

  1. Violet!!! Thanks for stopping by the blog!!!! This is such a pretty card Violet. I have so many embossing folders sitting there unused... i need to get off my duff.. and make some cards.. But you know what i've been up to...lol

    We are expecting rain and thunderstorms over the next several days... keep it coming i say... never turn away the rain.. :) Stay safe and cool. Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...