Wednesday, August 15, 2018

This is the Day.....


This is an early post because tonight is quilt guild meeting night and sometimes when I go out in the evening I forget to post a card.

A friend of mine volunteers at one of the local thrift stores. She called me on Monday to say that she saw a bag of 15 rubber stamps and it had a price tag of $5.00 on it. They were mostly religious ones so she wasn’t sure I would want them. I don’t have any religious ones at all so for $5.00 for 15 of them I said sure. There was bound to be a few I would use. Turns out there were more that I could use than not so it was a good buy. Here is the first card I made with one of them.






This stamp had some childish looking flowers at the top and the bottom which, to me, ruined it. So I put tape over the flowers, stamped with VersaMark and then some teal ink; sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set it. (I think I will take this one off the wood and trim those flowers right off) Then it was trimmed down and mounted on a Spellbinder’s die cut tag. Silver swirl peel-offs were added top and bottom. The background papers were taped together at the back and a silver peel-off line was added down the seam. Then the silver flower peel-off swag was added. The inside has a nice sentiment about things getting better in the future so basically a nice thinking of you card.

That’s all for yet another hot and humid Wednesday, August 15, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. Gosh i wish i had your thrift stores....lol Lovely card girlfriend!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...