Friday, August 10, 2018

At the Park Layout


Before I post my scrapbook layout I’ll give you a quick update on the appliance saga……nothing runs smoothly for us! We found out late yesterday afternoon that the stove was in and would be delivered Friday but the refrigerator was back ordered – groan. I told the store that we had Habitat for Humanity arranged to pick up both our appliances in the morning so we would call them to say only one was ready. Instead the lady at the store said, “No, don’t make them make two trips. We will supply you with a loaner fridge but it will be white, not stainless steel”. So nice of them! This is why we deal with family owned…. Mom and Pop shops as some people call them….instead of the big box stores!....and their prices were the same as the big box stores too.

I thought I would end the week with a scrapbook layout. It’s been awhile since I’ve posted any.




 We had our youngest grandson for the weekend and I took him to the park. The photos were transferred to a digital template but I added the photo that is on an angle. This is easy to do in Photoshop. Once it was printed out I just outlined it in a black photo safe pen. The word “fun” was added to that bottom rectangle in Photoshop instead of a photo….and the colour is just digital paper.  

Once it was printed out it was glued to far left of the background paper…. which is a combination of left over strips that picked up all the colours in the photos. This is page one of a two page layout and the background paper is the same in the second layout which I hope to post next week…if I remember! To fill up the space on the far right I took some small tags I had printed from the Internet….sort of like Project Life products… and inked the edges on some and mounted some on other paper. Then I stitched wavy stitch lines down the page…tricky to do with a sewing machine sometimes when you don’t plan ahead….which I don’t…. but it worked. Then I poked holes in the top of each tag and ran a thread through them and taped it to the back. Then I glued on the tags so it looks like they attached to the thread. I added the embellishments, brads and buttons.

That’s all for another hot day – Friday, August 10, 2018. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone!

Cheers

Violet








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...