Monday, October 29, 2018

Teenage Boy Card


My heart breaks for all those affected by the tragedy in Pittsburgh. There is just too much hate in the world right now. I will continue to smile and say hello to everyone I meet though because you never know what a positive impact that could have. Perhaps it’s the only positive thing they have received and need it more than you will ever know.
        But life goes on and we must continue the best we can. It’s a beautiful Monday here in Ontario….after a couple nasty days of rain and cold wind. Last Friday we went out near Rondeau Park to a place called Keith McLeans Conservation area. A farmer donated all his land to the area so others could enjoy it free of charge. There is a rare visitor there in the marsh so we went to see if we could find it …..and we did. Here’s the Hudsonian Godwit we saw.

 He uses that long beak for finding leeches in the muck.
        Now for the card that I meant to post last Friday but forgot. Our grandson turned 14 on Saturday so this is the card I made for him.
     The airplane and the Sky sentiment are from a Stampin’ Up set that I borrowed from my card making friend. The cloud stamp is from another set and the ‘you’re’ is from a very old Stamping Bella stamp that I covered up the rest so only the ‘you’re’ was stamped. The 14 is from the stash. The trees are from an old wooden set that are very close to the Stampin’ Up “lovely as a tree’ stamp set that I wished I owned, but do not. The background is two pieces of paper taped together at the back...and the top one is a light blue, not green....grrrrr to the bad lighting again. I wanted just the top of the trees to show. The large happy birthday was die cut with a Sizzix set. I die cut it twice and then glued them together to make them thicker.
That’s all for a wonderful fall day, October 29, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...