Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Fitted Frames Circle Die


            We are definitely having fall weather now. Our morning walk was a bit cold but it does make us walk faster so I guess that’s a good thing. There are still very little colour in the trees yet though. I don’t think we will see a colourful fall; instead the leaves will just turn that old dead green colour and then fall off. Once in awhile you will see a tree in full fall colours, and the odd one in the bush has the very top leaves with colour…..but they are the minority this year. Too bad too, because that’s about the only thing I like about this cooler weather……l’m much more of a summer gal!

        Today’s card is another one made with the groovy Elizabeth Craft Fitted Frame Lace circle die set. I bought this one on sale at the Paper Pickle, our local scrapbook store, without noticing the picture of the die itself at the bottom…... Here’s a picture of the front cover….. 


     I obviously just noticed the photos of the individual die cut circles. However; these are not individual dies so you have to cut all the circles each time.  It’s a fun die though so I’m enjoying it.

     

The background is two pieces of left over paper from a Tim Holtz paper pack…I think…which was simply taped together at the back. Then the edges were inked with black ink and distressed and then even more black ink added. It was then mounted on a 5.5 inch square card.

        I had die cut the fitted circles from many colours of cardstock that I could use for Halloween cards for the grandsons. There are even more circles than I actually used because I didn’t need the smaller ones. So I stamped and heat embossed the ghost in white on a black circle that was die cut using a Spellbinder’s die to fit exactly behind that orange one. Then I simply glued the rest of the circles around it. I die cut the fence and glued it on. The cat is a Spellbinder die as well. It was ‘too black’ and had no dimension so I swiped a white ink pad around it to give it some variation in colour. The bat was stamped and hand cut…no die for that one. The sentiments were stamped and heat embossed in black on the orange cardstock and then I simply cut around them. The bat, cat and sentiments were all glued on with dimensional strips or dots.

        That’s all for a cool but sunny Wednesday, October 24, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...