Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas Stockings on a Card


            A much milder day here so it was back to walking in the bush instead of going to the arena to walk. It’s nice that the arena is open and free of charge to walk around but I always feel like a hamster in a wheel….I walk and walk and walk and I end up going no where. It’s so much nicer walking in the bush even though its quite small and we have to walk around it three times to get an hour’s walk in. I just prefer being outside.

        Today I’m posting two cards because they were made with the same Memory Box die but I used different paper…of course.

Both were die cut out of white cardstock first to get the outline. Then they were die cut from patterned paper for the insert parts.

 

I had a package of green cards and envelopes that my sister had given me but they were large 5 x 7so I cut the cards down to the standard 4.25 x 5.5. Of course, then I had the envelopes left over so I cut them down to 4 x 5.25 and glued them together to make them stronger. The stockings were glued to it. I added the designer paper to the card front; then the strip with the stockings and then added the sparkly peel-offs down the seams. Stickles were added to the lights and the heart.

        This is the second card but I used different paper.

 

And this time I added gold peel-off strips down the seams and then added the gold peel-off dots down the strip. These are the left over bits from peel-off lines, etc. and I use all the left over bits.

Waste not, want not! …..and besides that I’m just a bit frugal!

        That’s all for a mild Friday, November 30, 2018. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with another card.

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...