Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Last One of This Batch


        Another cold day here in Ontario….brrrr… I’m so not ready for this weather yet…but then again, I’m never ready for it.

        This is the last of the pop and twist cards I made. This one is for our 14 year old grandson….a very mature 14 year old so I knew I had to come up with something festive but fitting for his personality.

        First though, this is the video I took of the cards opening up in case you didn’t see it on the last post.



This is the front of his card.

 

            I love this Stampin’ Up embossing folder. Once it was embossed I just ran some light blue ink around the edges and into the card in places. Gems were added to the centre of the some of the snowflakes. The sentiment was die cut with the Christmas words from Sizzix.

This is the card opened up.

 

         The top piece was cut from a 6” paper pack and the sentiment was stamped. I did all the stamping using my Tim Holtz stamp positioner which I love. The red gems across the top are peel-offs.

        Here is a close up of the far left two panels in the inside.

 

The trees in the background were stamped with light grey ink. Light blue was sponged around the panel and into it a bit to look like snowdrifts. It’s hard to see on these tiny panels but in real life it looks nice. The deer was stamped in black ink.

The star was from a sticker pack and yes I know the blue part is upside down. I’m debating whether to use my “UnDu” to try to remove it or just leave it.

Here are the far right two panels.

 

The presents were from a paper pack on flimsy paper so I cut around them leaving a fairly good margin and glued them to a piece of white cardstock. Then I cut each one out and inked the edges with a black ink pad. Then I stacked them up so they filled the panel. These panels start at 2 ½” and get smaller so it was a challenge to find stamps that fit.

The trees and deer on the last panel were done they same as the one on the left.

        Whew! These are so time consuming to make I doubt if I’ll ever make another one…..well maybe one for my granddaughter who will be 27 next spring….but that’s it. No more.

        That’s all one a cold Wednesday, November 28, 2018. I’ll be back on Friday with a more traditional card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



1 comment:

  1. Love the little video Violet! They are beautiful and different and i think they are going to love them! You know me i especially like the one with the deer. :)

    We had a balmy 65 F degrees yesterday... Spent my day off in town running around ... fighting the crowds... UUUuuuughh... i say that but i did enjoy myself.. I don't get to bum around like that often and i had money to spend.. First stop .. Hobby Lobby...lol People for the most part were fine.. Its the drivers that drive me up a wall... Almost got backed into 3 times just trying to get out of the HL parking lot!! Stay warm!!! We have storms coming thru this evening... not fun! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...