Friday, November 9, 2018

Snow...and a Card


        Well it’s been an interesting couple of days! Yesterday, right out of the blue, I went from feeling just fine to having the room spin around and down sick with the flu. I hardly ever catch a cold or the flu. I just get weird things like rare brain disorders! Although I’m able to keep food down today, I’m far from over this bug. Lots of people are sick right now with colds and flu and although I haven’t been around anyone sick, we did get groceries Monday and I had to go to the denturist Tuesday so obviously I’ve touched something that had the germ on it. Sick people should stay home! I’m too busy to be sick!

        And then today we woke up to the first hint of winter – snow! Yuck! There was just enough snow to barely cover the lawn and then it looked like freezing rain and then rain. Yup, typical November weather for sure.

        So, today’s card is one I made awhile ago and never posted. 


         The flower is a Poppy Power stamp and I coloured it with pencils and blended with gamsol. Blue chalk was sponged around it. I wasn’t sure what to do with it after it was coloured so I took a stencil that looked like chicken wire and sponged some light green ink through it here and there. I didn’t want it to be too dominating but just a hint of something else in the background. There was a light sponging of Distress Ink, Antique Linen I think, just around the edges. Then I wrapped that ribbon around it and added three pearls and stamped the sentiment. Once it was glued to the card base I added Wink of Stella to the flowers.

        That’s all for a dreary and sickly Friday, November-09-18. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I’ll be back Monday with another post.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card Violet! That hint of chickenwire is just the right touch.. Oh my! Get well my friend. Knock on wood.. haven't really come down with anything for a few years although allergies and sinuses will get me down occassionally .. I'm working parttime now though so i'm around alot more people... just try to be careful.. wash hands alot etc.. we'll see... lol Get well! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...