Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Pink and Purple Card


        As predicted, we are back into fall weather again. I’m missing summer already and I’m so looking forward to spring. So not a winter person.

        Today’s card was made using a punch differently than I usually do and I like the result. I seem to be on a ‘try something different’ path.

        I happen to like purple and pink together. The background is just the pink card base. The flowers were stamped using the Tim Holtz card positioner so I could stamp the stems in green and then the flowers in purple without having to worry about lining it up exactly. The flowers were coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. They were die cut using a Spellbinder’s fancy rectangle die. I left it in the die and sponged around some light blue chalk to leave a nice white border and then glued it to the card base.

        The purple strips were punched along one side of a strip of purple and then flipped over and punched again….sort of a lacy look. These were then glued down and then the purple bow. I don’t think I have done this before. I usually just punch it once and use it as a single embellishment. I decided the centre panel needed something else so I added the sequins and the silver peel-off birthday greeting.

        I’m now busy quilting during the day and trying to get some Christmas cards made in the evening. I’ll be posting some of them next week. I’ll be back on Friday with another card though.

        That’s all for a cool and windy Wednesday, November 7, 2018. 

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...