Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A Golden Christmas Tree Card


        We had a pretty mild day today – right around the freezing mark – so for Canada in December, that’s mild….especially when there was no wind.  It was nice walking in the bush again.

        I’m part of the pastoral care team for our church which means I go and visit our church members who are now in a nursing home. I just go about once a month and sit and chat with them. They also like to get my cards so of course; I made them all Christmas cards. These are the only ones that I mass produce. They all get the same ones so which makes it easier for me. This year it is a golden Christmas tree card.

 

         This is a very old embossing folder, one of the first one I bought years ago. I ran it through the Big Shot using a piece of gold paper and then glued it to the card base using double sided tape. Then I added the glitter ribbon down one side and beside it is a thin gold peel-off strip. Then I added gems, and more gems, and more gems. In real life it is very sparkly. If you are new to card making here is a tip about using gems. Most manufacturers of gems lay down a strip of glue and then the gems are added. If you just pick up one gem, the whole strip will come off – or if you tug at it while holding down the other gems, the glue will come off the gem. So, here’s the best thing to do – take some sharp scissors (I like the Tim Holtz one) and snip in between each gem….I do about three rows in each time. Then as you pick up one gem, you just get that one.

        That’s all for a nice December Wednesday, December 5, 2018. I’ll be back on Friday with another card. Right now, I have two more quilts to pin together and get quilted before Christmas. If it wasn’t for the last minute, I wouldn’t get anything done!

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...