Friday, December 7, 2018

Peace on Earth Card


        Another decent day today but it was a wee bit on the cooler side this morning so we opted to walk at the arena….wrong decision. They were having a hockey tournament…must have been a PA day because these were boys about 10 – 12 playing. It was so noisy and crowded we did half our usual laps and called it day.

        This afternoon as I was trying to get a quilt quilted the thread on my sewing machine kept snagging and I had to take it to the dealer to be checked out. He was able to fix it right then and there and $40 later I was smiling again!....well, not about the $40 but the fact that I didn’t have to leave it had me smiling!

        Today’s card is a little different and I’m not sure I’m totally in love with it. It’s okay but could be better.

 

        This one was a bit of an experiment. First the stamp was inked up with Versa Mark ink and once stamped, white embossing powder was poured over the image and then heat embossed. It was stamped on a piece of cream cardstock and then dark brown ink was sponged around the edges and getting lighter as it went in; leaving the middle untouched. Then the sentiment was die cut out of gold cardstock and glued on. It was then mounted on a Kraft card base and gold peel-off strips were added around the edges.

        Like I said its okay, but not my favourite. Hopefully who ever receives it will like it better than I do.

        That’s all for cool Friday, December 7, 2018. I’ll be back on Monday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...