Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Peach of a Card


            Okay, I admit that when I was complaining about the cold weather here a few weeks ago when it was just below the freezing mark, I was a bit of a whiner….now I’m not. It is FREEZING cold here…-21C (6F) and with the wind chill factor it feels like -36C (-31F) and I’m allowed to complain. I’m so glad that I don’t have to leave the house today. Joe was brave and opened the door to get the mail out of the mailbox but if the mailbox was more than a couple feet away, I don’t think he would have. It won’t get back to the normal cold weather which is just around the freezing mark, until Saturday…..when it will start to rain. We could have a few days around 44F next week. Weird, weird weather!

        So, to brighten up this cold day, I’m posting a card with warm colours.




         The flowers were coloured once again with pencils and blended with gamsol and then die cut with the matching die; then a bit of Wink of Stella was added; and then yellow Stickles added to the centre. While it was drying I went through the peach coloured paper stash and pulled out some various colours that went well together. I used a punch to punch the white decorative edge that was glued behind the darkest piece. It was then glued to the light peach piece which was glued to the peach card base. The sentiment was die cut with a medium colour and glued on. Then it was off to the ribbon stash where I found this peach coloured ribbon and tied a simple bow and added it. Then I had a very small piece of the dark paper left over so I die cut the small butterfly (Stampin’ Up) and added it on.

        That’s all for a bitter cold Wednesday, January-30-19.

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty cheery Birthday Card Violet! Love that color..

    Okaaay... i guess you can complain now.. lol... Brrr.. thats cold! Stay safe and warm my friend! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...