Monday, January 28, 2019

A Butterfly for a Snowy Day


        We are in the midst of a nasty snowstorm with strong winds and bitter cold weather. Have I mentioned I hate winter…..probably only about a dozen times! I saw this on the Internet and I just have to share with you…..of course if you don’t live in the Northern Hemisphere you won’t get it but it is funny.....exactly how long January feels in Canada.




        Seeing as we are knee deep in snow I decided to post a butterfly card…..I love butterflies as much as I hate winter!

        I have an 8x8 double-sided paper pack with these lovely pink, purple, and green designs and it just has to be used up. So the background is two pieces taped together at the back with a silver fancy peel-off down the seam. Then I die cut a couple more pieces with a rectangle die; added them on an angle; and then added silver peel-off lines around the edges. See those little bits of silver peel-offs on the pink plaid piece? They don’t go all the way down the side where the edge is hidden by the green piece. That’s why I save all the small bits of silver lines.They always come in handy eventually…..and yes, I am that frugal! The butterfly was die cut using a Memory Box die out of a piece of paper from the same set and mounted on a piece of black….from the matching Memory Box butterfly. Then the black oval was punched; a silver peel-off sentiment added and then it was glued to the card. Then everything was glued to the mauve card base.

        That’s all for a snowy, cold Monday, January 28, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...