Friday, February 15, 2019

Deer Card Number Two



        We are having another few days of almost-spring-like weather now. February weather is weird…even more so than January…and that’s saying something.

        I did go to the doctor’s and I do not have strep throat. It is a virus but she has no idea why it keeps coming back. I do…I NEED SUMMER WEATHER! Oh well, I’m not overly sick, it’s more like a nuisance virus. Yesterday we went out and picked up all the broken small branches and twigs that the ice broke off our birch tree and I shovelled off some of the ice off the driveway. I’m fine today but Joe’s back is sore. He can’t wait for spring either.

        Today I’m posting the second card using the same deer die. The first one was posted on Wednesday so I thought I would post this one today for quick comparison. Your comments on which one you like or dislike or suggestions for improvement are welcome.

 

         I had die cut this twice using white cardstock but I don’t really like doing the same card over and over so I had to think of how to change this one. I decided to go over the deer and trees with Tombow markers to add some colour. Then black cardstock was glued behind the image. It was mounted on a Kraft card base but the dimension seemed off so I added two ¼” strips of black cardstock to the top and bottom and I liked that better. After looking at it I thought the trees would have looked better if I had sponged one various green inks instead of using just one marker….next time.

        That’s all for a mild day on February 15, 2019. I’ll be back on Monday with another card. Have a wonderful weekend everyone – be creative; be friendly to all; take the time to enjoy a scene of beauty; take time to forgive; take time to laugh.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



1 comment:

  1. Violet i like them both! Oh well that doesn't help does it?! If you twisted my arm i'd say i like today's card just a smidge more because i like color...

    I hope your feeling better real soon girlfriend... I used to get sore throats so much when i was a kid they threatened to take my tonsils out ... BUT it was only a threat because i still have them.. lol Big feel better Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...