Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Masculine Card with Deer


        February is my least favourite month of the year and this week’s weather is why….rain, freezing rain, freezing pellets, high winds, snow and cold temperatures….yesterday we had it all! Although we didn’t much snow here, east of here got about 8” of heavy wet snow on top of the freezing rain…treacherous there. The schools were all closed again today.

         Yesterday my throat started to get sore again. This morning I decided it was time for a doctor’s visit….this has been on and off sore since January 1st. I really don’t feel like leaving the house because of the nasty weather but I will go.

        I did get some new cards made yesterday. Here’s one of them.




        This die cut image could easily be for a Christmas card but I wanted it for a masculine birthday card. It was die cut out of white cardstock that was 4” x 5 ¼” so it would fit on a standard A4 card base…which is 4 ¼” x 5 ½ which would leave a small border. The green behind the die cut started out as a piece of very dull, ugly grey cardstock. I take these and paint them with acrylic paint. This piece was sitting in the green stash and I thought it looked okay behind the trees and deer. Then all I had to do was stamp the sentiment. I made two of these but changed the second one completely. I’ll post it another day.

        That’s all for a cold, windy, snowy, slippery Wednesday, February-13-19. Stay safe all.   

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...