Monday, February 18, 2019

Two Dragonfly Cards


        Winter is back…another couple inches of snow last night! (Insert big sigh here). We had a pretty quiet weekend…relapse number 5 of the annoying sore throat virus came back…. but I did get some cards made.

        I saw a package of 5 x7 glossy card fronts plus envelopes at the thrift store a few months ago….so you can print your own cards…. along with a package of ‘sticker’ paper so you can print your own stickers. It was only about $3 for the two packages so I took a chance on them. Well, the glossy cardstock was pretty flimsy but I didn’t want to print on them anyway. My idea was to pounce alcohol ink on them and use them as backgrounds. Now, the mighty Tim does not recommend photo paper if using alcohol inks and I think this ‘glossy cardstock’ is really just ‘glossy photo paper’ but I figured I’d give it a try anyway. The envelopes I cut down and use them to mount photos on.

        I must admit the alcohol inks do not blend as smoothly on this type of paper as they do on real glossy cardstock but over all it turned out better than I thought it would. I made two green ones; one blue one and one red background. When I stamped the dragonfly (Stampendous) on one of the green ones, it was crooked; forgot to use VersaMark to emboss it; tried to fix it; made it worse; dumped it! The red background was too dark for this stamp so I just set it aside for now.

 Here’s the first card I made with them.

 

         The dragonfly was stamped with VersaMark; black Archival Ink; and then black embossing powder and heat set. I like to use black ink as well as VersaMark for better coverage. Then I trimmed it down; mounted it on white; glued it to the pretty blue card base and then added the birthday scroll…the sentiments and scroll came from Aliexpress so I do not know who made them.

        Here is the second card.

        The green background is a little brighter but I still liked it enough to use with this stamp…same procedure as the first card and it is mounted on a light green card base.

        That’s all for a sunny, but cold and snow-covered ground Monday February 18, 2019. This is “Family Day” in Canada which is one of those odd ‘not-quite-a-national-holiday’ holiday and designed to encourage families to spend time together. Banks, libraries and schools are closed but we did receive mail and the stores are all opened. So, some people have it off and some have to work….not fair at all. Wish they would make it a National holiday so everyone…. but essential people… was off.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




       

1 comment:

  1. Your 'experiment' turned out GREAT Violet! I like them both but that green one just reaches out and grabs me... What a gorgeous color and a beautiful stamp.

    I'm so sorry to hear the sore throat is still annoying you. Wintery weather expected all day here.. rain/snow/sleet/freezing rain... But Hubby and i are off to work... I don't think its suppose to amount to too much here.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...