Monday, February 11, 2019

Three Cards Today


        We enjoyed a mild weekend, weather wise….considering its February…but we are under yet another winter storm warning and this time it is bringing some snow and then a huge amount of freezing rain….even worse than last week’s storm. Today was very mild and I enjoyed spending the day with my quilting friends as we made comfort quilts…..some to go to children diagnosed with cancer; some within the community to people in need of comfort. Fun day…..and a rewarding way to spend quilting.

        Today I’m posting three cards because they are all very much alike. They were made with the Penny Black tulip stamp. It’s an oldie but still available on their website…. charmingProduct #: 40-320  

 

         There is an extra flower that goes on the far right. This is a large stamp for a 5 ½” or even 6” square card. I cut it off! Don’t panic its fine to cut off part of your stamps. I still have it and use it by itself or I just add it back on if I want to make a larger card but I don’t have to worry about inking around it for these smaller cards. I made these while sitting upstairs while I was recuperating from a throat infection and it was too cold to sit in the basement…my lower studio! So I only had some ink pads with me and I was too lazy to go back down to get my Tombow markers. So these are a little darker than I would have liked but that’s okay.

I waited until I was able to go back to the lower studio to finish the card. To add the background I just used water colour paint. First wet only the area that you want the blue to be and then add the blue paint here and there and let it run and spread. Once it was dry I added more blue paint to the brush and tapped it over my finger to get the splatters of blue. Then I decided the flowers were boring so I added pink Stickles to the petals and a dark Stickles to the centre. Then the silver peel-off sentiment was added and then everything was glued to the card base.    Because the flowers were stamped and painted on water colour paper, I like to use double sided tape to adhere the panel to the card base. Glue itself will not hold because the paper warps from the water. I do add a bit of wet glue to the centre as well though.

        Here are too more cards made roughly the same way but with one I added red splatters as well as blue.

 
 



That’s all for a very mild Monday, February 11, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



1 comment:

  1. I created a new Pinterest Board just for you!! :) You can find me at Widdershins 23 if you don't already know.. I'm not very active on Pinterest but i do do some.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...