Friday, February 8, 2019

Make a Wish Card


            Winter is back! Our short-lived mock spring has disappeared….although it’s not the same bitter, record-breaking low temperatures we had last week, its still cold! Today we stayed in and I finished the quilt I’m donating to the Friends of Rondeau for their annual fund raiser. It’s off to the local quilt shop, “The Quilting Studio”, who has offered to quilt it for me free of charge on their long-arm….and donated half the material! Cool!

        Today’s card is another one made with one of my photos. I like it okay but it could be better…..but I always think of how I could improve a card once it’s made.

 

           This is an exploding milkweed plant…. that reminded me of the dandelions… which reminded me of making a wish on them….I know its hard to keep up with my thoughts….try being me! Anyway, this photo was just calling out to be a birthday card so I added the “Make a Wish” sentiment on the computer using Photoshop Elements and printed it off. I added a few lines here and there across the letters with a sparkly gel pen for some hi-lights. I need to buy a die with this sentiment so it will show up better….that’s the “could be better” part. To add a little bling, gold thread was wrapped around it three times and taped at the back. Then it was glued to the light blue card base. It looks crooked in the photo but its not….some of the card base got cut off when I cropped it down.

                That’s all for a cold and windy Friday, February 8, 2019. Have a safe and wonderful weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



1 comment:

  1. Well i think the card is fabulous Violet!And i could totally follow your train of thought.. :)

    COLD here... 17 degrees F this morning .. I know you get it much colder but brrrr.. thats cold for me.. I see no good reason to get that cold.. Did not even get above freezing yesterday... Today we start warming up with rain expected Sunday and Monday.. A couple days ago we had snow flurries all day! Imagine my hubby putting up with me happy as a kid about seeing snow.. lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...