Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Winter's Back and a Card


        Winters back! It’s been snowing for hours and its cold again. We stayed put today – I finished some quilting; baked bagels; baked bran muffins and then I made peanut butter cookies….for me, Joe hates peanuts and peanut butter. I use a recipe from the new cookbook Yum and Yummier and I highly recommend this cookbook. I don’t buy many but I do buy hers and this one is the best one yet. Oh, and I even got a couple of baby cards made and stamped some images that I can colour tonight while watching the hockey game. Busy day for sure. The snow was so bad up where one of my daughter’s live that they closed the schools, daycares, school admin buildings and the cancelled the buses. When she told Finn that it was a snow day, he said, “In that case, I’m changing back into my pj’s. They are much more cozy for a snow day!”

        Today’s card is yet another masculine card. One of my sons-in-law has a birthday coming up but so far none of the ones I’ve made for him suit him but I’ll use them for someone else.

 

 This would count as a clean and simple card for sure. I simply die cut the image out of the blue and out of black cardstock. When I placed the black into the negative space of the blue, it didn’t something else – too much white. So I took some blue ink and a stamp that looked like water rippling from the Stampin’ Up High Tide stamp set and stamped water onto the white cardstock. Then I placed the black die cut back into place and taped it down at the back. It was then glued to a card base. The sentiment is a peel-off. The loon’s eye got rather lost in the production so I added it back in with a white gel pen.

        That’s all for a cold snowy Wednesday, February 27, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...