Friday, March 1, 2019

A Hummingbird Card


        Another week has flown by…in fact another month as gone but I can’t say February flew by….more like crawled by. But, to us, March 1st represents the hope that spring will actually come. We can get some wicked snow storms in March as well as any other winter month, but we are a wee bit closer to warm weather.

        Today’s card was made with a hummingbird stamp that I rented (yes, they used to rent out the stamps was awesome) years ago from the Paper Pickle, which just closed for good last week (insert big tear here) and it was in the stash of ‘stamped but not used’ pile so I decided it was time to use it. I think it may be the last one stamped and I wish I had bought it. It’s an Inkadinkado stamp but I have no idea if it’s still available. They don’t seem to have a home web page anymore. I’ve been told they may have been bought out by someone else. Oh well, here’s the card.

 

 It was stamped with VersaMark ink and then heat set with gold embossing powder. Not sure what I coloured it in with but it looks like some mica paint because it has a bit of shine to it. The image was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and it was left in the die as the background was sponged with Distress Ink, Broken China. The piece of paper behind it was also die cut and sponged completely with Broken China but darker. Then I layered them onto some old designer paper. The sentiment was die cut and stamped and added on with dimensional glue foam pieces. Then it was all mounted onto a card base that was close in colour to Broken China.

        That’s all for a cold Friday, March-01-19. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and I’ll be back on Monday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



1 comment:

  1. I have seen this stamp or one similar to it at the either Michaels or Hobby Lobby Violet .. I've always admired it but never bought it.. LOVE the idea of renting stamps and even dies.... most times i don't need to own it just have a few images.. Sure turned into a beautiful card for you.

    We are expecting winter weather tonight into tomorrow.. Anywhere from 1-3 inches of snow.. I would love to see that.. I picked my first bouquet of Daffodils yesterday.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...