Friday, March 22, 2019

Two Cards Today


            Mother Nature threw more cold air and a few, very few, snow showers at us today….someone forgot to tell her that it is officially SPRING! Hopefully we’ll get some spring like weather soon.

        Today I’m posting two cards because they are very much alike. This is a Penny Black stamp. These are not the easiest to work with and not my favourite that’s for sure but if I buy it, I must use it!

 


        I’ve tried various methods in stamping these stamps. I used my Tim Holtz stamp positioner because you have to ink – stamp – ink – stamp over and over. Using a stamp positioner of some sort is pretty much a necessity to use these stamps. These were done on water colour paper. I’ve tried using ink pads and Tombow markers. Both work. First I stamp with a colour and then I use a wet paint brush or water brush to move the ink around. Repeat…many times using a variety of inks in the same shade. The background was wet with water and then water colour paint was used. Black Stickles was used for the middle of the flowers and Wink of Stella added to the flowers themselves. I painted some left over strips of water colour paper the same as the background and then added a gold sentiment peel-off and adhered it. These cards are okay but just okay in my opinion.

        That’s all for a cool Friday, March 22, 2019. Have a wonderful, happy, and safe weekend all and I’ll be back on Monday with another card.

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...