Monday, June 24, 2019

A Dragonfly Card


        I’m trying to get back to posting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday like before but there will be days that I will have to miss….hubby comes first and until he is mobile again, he takes up a lot of my time. Everything we do is what we call a “process”. If he wants to go into the TV room, I have to go in first; pull back the footstool and chair so he can get he walker in; then put everything back. Then go get his computer and plug it in. Then go get the monitor and plug it in so I can go do something but he can talk through the monitor if he needs something. He feels bad that he is so much work for me but he is an excellent patient and the love of my life so I do not mind one bit….still hoping and praying for a complete recovery though.

        Today’s card turned out okay, but just okay.

 

         This was a pretty quick and easy card but I obviously did not accurately measure where to put the sentiment…it’s a little off but too bad, I’m sending the card to someone anyway. The top designer paper is a double-sided print so I simply cut into the right edge, scored back the flaps and glued it in place. It was glued to a creamy yellow card base that really matched the flower petals in the designer paper. A button was glued to the middle. The dragonflies were die cut and glued on -Stampin’ Up die my friend lent me….wish I could find one on Aliexpress but no luck so far! Because the sentiment was a little high, I decided to add three hearts to fill up the space a bit. Like I said, it’s okay, but just okay.

        That’s all for a hot and humid Monday, June 24, 2019. We actually had 3 full days with no rain…..first time this June I believe..….we are under a thunderstorm watch right now though. Rainiest June we can ever remember.

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. Well you tell the love of your life to just get better soon! Baby steps forward... thats all you need.. just keep moving.. LOVE the dragonflies! and what a pretty card even if you are not completely happy with it.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...