Friday, September 20, 2019

More Frog Cards


        Another week has flown by and it’s Friday again. This week it was me with medical appointments instead of Joe. Wednesday it was off to the periodontist and today it’s the time for the annual eye exam at the ophthalmologist…which takes forever but he is very, very thorough and never rushes through it. The brain surgery I had screwed up my eyes for some odd reason as they did not operate near the optical nerve but it is what it is.

        Today I’m posting two cards because they are the same design, just different paper and sentiment stamp.

         As I was cleaning up my crafting table I got distracted by these frogs that I had stamped, coloured, die cut and mounted on die cut foam and did nothing with them. So, the cleaning went on hold and I finished two cards. All dies are unbranded from Aliexpress. When the dies that cut those angles came in I wondered why in the world I ordered them and what was I going to do with them? After a bit of experimenting on scrap paper I came to the conclusion that these are great and I’m going to use them a lot! The patterned paper was cut down to 4” x 5 ¼”; then I placed each die where I wanted it to cut and taped them down; and then ran it through the Big Shot. You get a perfect angle cut and it leaves a space for a sentiment. I placed a piece of white cardstock behind it and taped it down and cut it off to fit. Then the sentiment was stamped and the frog glued on as if it was going down the ramp. Once it was all dry it was glued to the card base.

 

This card was done almost the same way with different designer paper and a different sentiment stamp....and I decided to just glue the cut designer paper right on the card base instead of adding the white strip....I think I like the other one better though. These were fun to make….and yes, I did go back and finish cleaning off the crafting desk….I had no choice….I was running out of room to work!!!!

        That’s all for a hot and humid Friday, September 20, 2019….yup, the hot and humid air is creeping back in. It could feel like it’s in the 90’s today and for the next few days. So far we have not put the A/C back on but it’s getting close to doing so. Have a wonderful weekend all; I’ll be back on Monday with another card; be kind to others because you never know what trauma they are going through and be sure to tell your loved ones you love them.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...